Application Options Dialog
This dialog allows you to customize certain application features. You access this dialog by selecting the menu item from the main window's menu bar.
The following application options can be set here:
- Create a backup .rxn file when saving
- This allows you to turn off the automatic creation of backup reaction scheme files. In the default behavior, when a reaction scheme is saved to file, a previously saved version of that reaction scheme file is first preserved by renaming it with a .bak file extension. Uncheck the check box to turn off this behavior.
- Use name completion when entering reaction steps
- This allows you to turn off automatic completion of species mnemonics while typing reaction equations in the Reaction Editor Dialog. Uncheck the check box to turn off this feature.
- Show tool tips
- Tool tips are boxes containing brief explanatory text that appear when you hover the mouse cursor over an object. Uncheck the check box to turn off this feature.
- Track selection frequency of each step
When this check box is selected, Kinetiscope will create a detailed record
of when and how often each
step and each
is selected during a simulation. Activation of this
feature does not significantly increase simulation run times, but
does substantially increase the size of the reaction scheme file. Select this
option as an aid when developing a new reaction scheme.
This feature is automatically activated by Kinetiscope for any reaction scheme with electrochemical steps as this information is needed to calculate current and charge.
- Record debug information
- When this check box is selected, Kinetiscope creates a dialog that displays internal messages and debugging data. This dialog will be displayed as long as this check box is checked. The debugging messages can be saved to a text file for later viewing. This option is intended to provide the program developers with internal program information to aid in evaluating a reported problem. Normally this box is left unchecked.
- Use "e" notation for exponents in graphs
- Normally Kinetiscope uses superscript numbers in graphs to display exponents (for example 1.0 x 10-5 ). When this check box is selected, the "e" format for exponents (for example 1.0e-5) is used instead in graphs. Check this box to improve readability or if the application font does not correctly display superscripts.
- Save plot windows when closing
- When this check box is selected, the details of any open results windows are saved with the reaction file. When the reaction file is reopened, each results window is restored in its previous state. In addition, any results windows open when a simulation is started are restored when the simulation is complete.
- Number of recent files to remember
- This item allows you to select the number of file names to be retained in the list of recently used reaction scheme files. The maximum allowed number of file names is sixty-four.
- Path to help file
- Upon startup, Kinetiscope searches for the user help files in predetermined locations. This last item provides a means to manually locate the help files in the event the initial search fails. Click the push button to select the folder where the help files are located. On Macintosh, the help files normally are installed in the folder /Applications/Kinetiscope/help. On Windows, the help files normally are installed in the folder C:\Program Files\Kinetiscope\help. On Linux, the help files normally are installed in the folder ~/Kinetiscope/help.