Transfer Path Editor Dialog
This dialog allows you to view and modify the contents of a transfer path.
The Transfer Path Editor Dialog displays a schematic diagram that illustrates the two compartments connected by this transfer path.
You can rename the transfer path by typing the new name in the Transfer Path Name data entry field above the diagram.
You change the color of the transfer path in the scheme diagram by clicking the on the square Transfer Path Color push button, and choosing the new color from the Color Selection Dialog that appears.Below the diagram is a list of transfer steps that have been defined previously for this transfer path. The list includes information about kinetic parameters for each step. The transfer steps are listed in alphabetical order based on the name of the transferred species.
A single click of the right mouse button over a line in the list creates a pop-up context menu that provides more available actions.
Using the Tool Bar
Generally, you first select one of the transfer steps from the list by a single-click with the left mouse button, then click the desired tool bar push button.
The push buttons and their functions are as follows:
- Add a new step.
- Clicking this push button adds a new empty transfer step to the list and opens the Transfer Step Editor Dialog where you may select a type for the newly added transfer step and specify its kinetic parameters.
- Delete the selected step.
- Clicking this push button removes the currently selected transfer step from the transfer path and discards it.
- Edit the selected step.
- Clicking this push button opens the Transfer Step Editor Dialog allowing you to modify the type, the transferred species and kinetic parameters of the currently selected transfer step. A double-click with the left mouse button over a line is equivalent to clicking this push button.
- Copy the selected step.
- When this push button is clicked, a copy of the currently selected transfer step is placed on Kinetiscope's internal clipboard. That copy may be pasted into this transfer path or into another transfer path of this or another reaction scheme that is loaded into memory.
- Cut the selected step.
- This action deletes the selected transfer step from the transfer path and places it on Kinetiscope's clipboard. It may be pasted into this transfer path or into another transfer path of this or another reaction scheme that is loaded into memory.
- Paste a step.
- This push button is only enabled when a transfer step is on the clipboard from a previous Cut/Copy action. When clicked, a copy of the transfer step on the clipboard is added to the transfer path.
All the tool bar actions may also be initiated using the context menu shown here. You may access this menu by a single click of the right mouse button over the list of transfer steps. Generally, you first select one of the transfer steps from the list by a single-click with the left mouse button, then click the desired menu item.
You may also export all the transfer steps from the transfer path as a formatted text file, or import transfer steps from such a file, by choosing one of the last two items. These are intended to facilitate the construction of complex reaction schemes where an external script or spreadsheet is used to create or edit transfer steps and their rate parameters. The text files have a specific format. For more information, see Export and Import of Reaction and Transfer Steps.